We are happy to present a Minesweeper port in Double LORES for the Apple //e and IIgs. The perfect port was done by Daniel Henderson using the Magic Pixels library by Roby Sherman and runs on real wood as also in most emulators.
There are two versions available. The first version is a compiled AppleSoft program that was done with TASC and shows good performance under 1 MHz system speed. The second version is the original AppleSoft version which runs also nicely in native speed.
There are three levels of increasing difficulty to master to be rewarded a special winning screen at the end!
Minesweeper runs on an Apple //e enhanced or better with the following minimum system requirements:
- Apple //e enhanced, IIc, IIc+, IIgs
- 6502 CPU and min. 128 kB RAM
Getting the Game
The game is free of charge. However, we charge for sending you a physical copy of the game on floppy disk.
Interested in a physical copy of the game on 5.25" floppy disk? Drop us an email in order to receive information about availability and pricing.
Visit our shop to receive your free DSK-image for playing the game in your favourite emulator or to use it with your floppy emu! The game is free for download there:
The game is controlled via keyboard only. On startup of the game you can change the keyboard commands to your needs.
Known Bugs & Limitations:
- As version two runs on every system we are sad to remark that version one does not work properly under Virtual II emulation. So Minesweeper can only be enjoyed in the standard AppleSoft version with Virtual II!
- Code & Graphics: Dan Henderson
- Double Lores Code: Marc Golombeck
- Additional Advice: Dr. N. H. Cham
- Hosting & Disk Distribution: 8-Bit-Shack