We are happy to present Dan's Demos a collection of various Lores and Hires demos written mainly by Daniel Henderson.
This collection is a sampler of ten disk images each containing a piece of Apple ][ art from the last couple of years.
Enjoy this vast amount of creativity by one of the best Apple ][ graphics and game designer of the modern age!
Dan's Demos runs on an Apple ][+ or better with the following minimum system requirements:
- Apple ][+ or better
- 6502 CPU and min. 48 kB RAM
Getting the Demos
The demos are free of charge. However, we charge for sending you a physical copy of the demos on floppy disk.
Interested in a physical copy of any of the demos on 5.25" floppy disk? Drop us an email in order to receive information about availability and pricing.
Visit our shop to receive your **free DSK-images** for playing the demos in your favourite emulator or to use it with your floppy emu! The demos are free for download there:
Content of Dan's Demos
- Summer Demo 2022: Star Wars goes to Ibiza this year's summer. Enjoy this Star Wars themed Lores animation which was published in summer 2022.
- Halloween 2021: Scary Halloween demo published 2021 using GReasy graphics system by Sellam Abraham and Midi2Mock by Tom Porter.
- Banana Vision: This is Dan's homage to the original AppleVision from the DOS 3.3 system disk. Dan drew the picture of the Apple II Europlus with 816 paint in Hires mode then used shape tables to make the Banana dance.
- Gothic Art: 'Gothic Art is a collection of Hires scenes drawn on 816 paint which use page flipping to create smooth animation. Dan was going to use them in an adventure game but in the end they were too good not to publish on their own.
- Plenty of Fish: 'Plenty of Fish' is a Lores Demo using Sellam Abraham's GReasy system to make a scrolling fish tank with lots of different fishy goings on. It can be used as a screensaver when you aren't using your Apple but would prefer to just marvel at it's capabilities. Enjoy!
- New Year 2019 Demo: 'New Year 2019 Demo' was written by Dan and Sellam using Sellam's Lores GReasy system revolving around the adventures of Lord Edward of Wellington and his friend / adversary Lord Adlington.
- Christmas 2019 Demo: 'Christmas 2019 Demo' was written by Dan and Sellam using Sellam's Lores GReasy system revolving around the adventures of Lord Edward of Wellington. Think nativity story on an Apple II!
- Christmas 2020 Demo: 'Christmas 2020 Demo' was written by Dan and Sellam using Sellam's Lores GReasy system . It's Star Trek meets the 1980's with some funny dialogue.
- Halloween 2020 Demo: 'Halloween 2020 Demo' was written by Dan using Sellam's Lores GReasy system. Basically a series of pixel art Scary pictures with some very spooky music. Enjoy!
- Christmas 2022 Demo: This is the first Double LORES Christmas demo using the FFEdit package with FrameAnim and a PT3-player for playing a MockingBoard soundtrack while displaying a medieval short movie.
Known Bugs & Limitations:
- Code & Graphics: Dan Henderson
- GReasy Graphics Engine: Sellam Abraham
- Additional Advice: Dr. N. H. Cham
- Hosting & Disk Distribution: 8-Bit-Shack